Redken introduces no blow for gals on the go hair styling products no joke
Escape the heat with Redken No Blow Dry
I often let my hair dry naturally in the sun or breeze especially on warm days in Los Angeles and always when I'm in Hawaii where I never bring or use a blow dryer. Well n ow Redken is addressing those of us who eschew the heat with its NEW No Blow Dry air dry stylers, created just for us and part of a trend from New York to London, Milan and Paris Fashion Week runways where embracing one’s natural hair texture is now more on-trend than ever and designers draw inspiration from each model’s individual esthetics.
No Blow Dry gives a perfected air-dried finish with the help of Redken’s Air-Tex Technology, which contains flexible polymers for control and movement as well as quick dry polymers to speed up drying time. Each cream gives noticeable style results with natural movement and control, a soft touch and a no-product feel. “It can seem counterintuitive for a stylist to recommend a styling product that involves nothing more than air-dry,” says Rodney Cutler, Redken Brand Ambassador and owner of Cutler/Redken Salons in NYC. “However, for me, products like No Blow Dry perfectly capture today’s consumers: they’re multitaskers on-the-go, and as we’ve seen at Fashion Week, that effortless look is more chic than ever. As a stylist, it’s important for me to give a client a great cut and shape so that their hair can dry naturally, and this product is the perfect complement. It’s unrealistic to think that a customer will blow dry their hair every single day for that fresh-out-of-the-salon look, so recommending an air dry cream is a great alternative to suggest so clients can still achieve amazing style.”
The NEW No Blow Dry collection contains three new creams: Airy Cream for fine hair, Just Right Cream for medium hair and Bossy Cream for coarse hair types. To use any of the No Blow Dry creams, simply work a dime-sized amount evenly into damp hair, then scrunch or twist in and air-dry for best results.
A few quick tips
· For loose beach waves, apply the appropriate No Blow Dry to damp hair. Create one loose braid and let hair air-dry. Undo braid, and shake out hair to perfectly waved tendrils.
· For tighter beach waves, apply the appropriate No Blow Dry then create two or more braid, depending on hair’s thickness. Let hair air-dry, then undo braids and shake out hair.
· For a soft, face-framing bend, apply the appropriate No Blow Dry then clip hair behind ears and allow it to air-dry. Unclip, then gently tousle.
· For bouncy waves with root volume, apply the appropriate No Blow Dry then twist hair into a high topknot, and allow to air-dry. Undo the topknot and gently brush through.
· For tousled waves with sleek roots, apply the appropriate No Blow Dry then twit hair into two low buns, and allow to air-dry. Undo the buns and gently brush through.
· For enhanced natural texture, apply the appropriate No Blow Dry then scrunch hair and allow it to air-dry.
· For defined natural curls, apply the appropriate No Blow Dry then gently twist curls into shape using fingers and allow to air-dry.
The suggested retail price for No Blow Dry is ($24) and is only available at Redken authorized salons nationwide starting in April 2017.