Oaks at Ojai celebrates Pixie Tangerine month with lots of juicy treatments
Picture postcard pretty Ojai shares the fruit
Pixie tangerines are sweet, seedless, easy-to-peel orange orbs that are only grown in the Ojai Valley, California and have become as celebrated as the quaint town’s Pink Moment.
And here's what founder Sheila Cluff's fab fitness and beauty spa is featuring in honor of the tiny tangerine.
● Pixie tangerine seasonal scrub, which includes sugars & oils infused with Ojai Pixies and an Organic Fiji’s Lemongrass Tangerine nourishing body lotion.
● Pixie pedicure, which includes freshly squeezed Pixie juice with Get Fresh scrub and moisturizing.
● Green cleansing drink with Pixie juice served daily
● Chef Christine Denney will conduct a Pixie cooking demo with three items including our Chocolate mousse infused with Pixie
● Guests will enjoy special menu items including Pixie salads, Dark Chocolate Spa Bark w/Pistachios & Pixie Dust, Pixie Sweet Potatoes, Pixie and Pistachio Tapenade for seafood, Brussels, Sprouts with Pixies and Balsamic Vinegar.
● The Pixie package, a special five-night package that includes a complimentary Pixie Scrub treatment and 50 percent off a second treatment.
The Oaks at Ojai embraces the tangerine for the month of April 2017 with a bowl of Pixies at the front desk welcoming guests to their wellness retreat. Pixie infused water will be served in the Libbey Lounge throughout the month and baskets of Pixies throughout the property.
I was one of the first spa and beauty writers to review the Oaks at Ojai when it opened way back when. I must confess to having been spoiled by the poshness of other facilities such as the Golden Door, La Costa, Turnberry, Doral and the like, but it was love at first sight for this pretty converted 1920s hotel which offered few frills at the time but lots of healthy bang for your buck. Today the Oaks thrives offering affordable weight management, fitness and beauty services. Rates include nutritious meals more than a dozen daily classes, entertainment and seminars. Housing is in any of 46 guest rooms, including private rooms and courtyard suites, double lodge rooms and double cottage rooms.
Activities range from hiking, art tours, and in-line skating to rock climbing, guided kayaking tours, belly dancing, yoga ropes, and qi gong, in addition to other fitness classes. A full menu of relaxing and therapeutic spa services is available as well as private consultations with a variety of health experts.
The Oaks at Ojai is located at 122 East Ojai Avenue (Ojai’s main street). For more information, please visit www.oaksspa.com or become a fan on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
Here is a link to what the town is offering during April.