A Make-over at the Loft Hair Lounge & Green Spa

Wow, my hair never look better after my session at the new Loft Hair Lounge & Green Spa in Beverly Hills–


however that’s not me below but I will be posting a photo of my new, spiffy do…that’s Clay, the owner of the Loft and colorist extraordinaire doing someone’s hair, the other is a photo that truly reps the salon. Here’s one of Liz doing someone else, wish I’d brought that camera….




Pun intended, it was a lofty experience. My hair needed help. When I heard they only use organic products and were dedicated to fostering “green”, I knew I had to go there. And I was right. I loved the place from the minute I stepped into the highly stylized salon. The staff was welcoming and so were the little nooks and crannies where you can wait for your appointment while sipping some mighty fine coffee I might add. Bless their hearts they brew a good, strong, tasty cup of Joe.
Anyhow Clay and his assistant Liz took me under their wings and did a fab make-over in a couple of hours, all naturally of course. I left my hair in Clay’s hands to do with what he wanted. He selected a deep brown with nifty lighter highlight using non-amonia, yogurt based hair coloring and Balyard paint on color. No tin foil, no long stretches under the hair dryer, all comfy, cozy with me catching up on magazines and sipping that rich coffee. A little buzzed, I might add. Anyhow Liz did the shampooing with all natural “Go 365″ that left my hair silky and shiny. She also added an awesome scalp massage that left me swooning. Then she blew out my hair in a new style. I didn’t think my hair could look like that, straight and smart, and my husband remarked, “sexy and great.” Wish I’d taken my camera so I could show you, because I will never be able to replicate it on my own. Twenty-four year old Liz did it effortlessly and but painstakingly straightening out every strand. She was my new best friend. Actually, like her boss, Liz is a pure delight. No attitude, no edginess about this place which looks like it belongs in a fashionable section of New York and with a little lower prices. Color ranges from $80 to $130, highlights are $150 to$20O. Cuts range from $85 to $115 for women and $45 to $75 for men.
The full-service salon also offers body massages, face and scalp rubs, waxing, hand and feet treatments, lash and brow extensions, tints,etc., facials and lots of bliss.
Clay and his life partner are proud parents of a baby and planning on another, he credits the birth of their son with his ecological enlightenment. “We want to live a good legacy,” he beamed while showing me the photo of his handsome mate and son.
The Loft Hair Lounge & Green Spa also features Eminence handmade organic skin care products of Hungary, really wonderful, natural scented cosmetics available for purchase there. www.eminenceorganics.com.
110 North Doheny Drive, just north of Wilshire Blvd. on the east side of Doheny, 310-275-9002
Post a Comment