Marvey Manes and other beauty tips

Marvey Manes:  I color my hair. Who doesn't these days. Before I began using chemicals on my tresses, my hair was soft and silky. So I am always hunting for product to bringback that shine. And voila I found it. Clairol's Natural Instincts Shine Happy is a miracle mane enhancer that works after one application and lasts four weeks. I just did my first treatment and my hair is bouncy, silky and even a little more curlier. I love it, love it. And it costs less $10.  Clairol also has the perfect quick fix for those times when you just can't make it to your hair stylist. It's Nice'neasy color boosting glaze, a real color-saver that works in five minutes. I just tried it and my color looks new again. My hair is as silky and shiny as those models who do hair commericals. No kidding. It works great. And like I said it only takes five minutes from start to finish.  I have one more Clairol product to test, this one is Herbal Essences Colorflirt mouse, another quick fix for colored hair that works in minutes. I'll let you know the results. In the meantime visit www.clairol.com.

Since my site is test-driven, I must sample several brands of products. That said I just test drove Pureology Serious Colour Care Antifade Complex Hydrate Condition and HydrateShampoo.  Both lived up the corporate hype of "moisturizing dry, brittl, colored hair,adding movement and manageability and rviving the color." I'm impressed with the ingredients: ylang ylang, bergamot, anise, Patchouli, sunflower seed cake extract, a protein enzyme that supposedly "decomposes oxygen and prvents oxidation of color."  All I can say is my mane came out bouncey and shiny.  I tested the conditioner on my hair while sitting in the steambath at Crunch. Which is a great tip for any of you who like to sit in the sauna or steam, shampooing and conditioning your hair before your hot session will help prevent it from looking dry after.

Go See Tammy

Speaking of hair care, if you’re looking for a spiffy new style, color or cut and live anywhere near Los Angeles’ San Fernando Valley or plan on a trip there, head over to Three 6 Nine. This charming Old European/Mediterranean style salon with its exposed pipe ceiling, muted yellow tone walls and floors and retro décor offers sensational services at a fraction of the cost found at any higher priced Beverly Hills spread.  The warm and wonderful Tammy Kranzo a fellow Pisces I might add, opened the shop in July of 1998 after 10 years as top creative colorist for Sebastian International where she trotted around the globe to tend the tresses of an ensemble of gorgeous models who starred in over-the-top hair shows staged internationally by Sebastian. “It was such fun,” says Tammy,  “Doing whatever you wanted on beautiful models and seeing the world at the same time.”  She said she loved the passion of Latin America and Spain and particularly appreciated how hair stylists are revered in other countries. Tammy and her husband eventually opened a hair salon at Sebastian’s corporate offices, which they called The Centre. She later branched out her own to open Three 6 Nine, named after her lucky numbers. Today the shop is going gangbusters with a clientele that travels from far and near for Tammy’s tressful talents. If Tammy’s unavailable when you call, any one of her staff will do, they are all exceptional. And get this, you get a wonderful head and neck massage with your shampoo, and yummy cookies, assorted beverages and fresh fruit are always available for the taking. You just don’t find this sort of comfort and ambiance at posh places. The salon’s located at 21132 Castanso, just off Ventura Blvd. between Canoga Avenue and Topanga Canyon Blvd. Open Tuesday through Saturday (Sunday and Monday by request). Call: 818/347.1900 and do tell her Patti sent you. FYI: Tammy's been tending my tresses for the last decade and the compliments I get on her work are fantastic.

 Budget Babes

Believe it or not I managed to find some inexpensive products that do produce great results while not busting your budget. One of the most astounding is Pond's -- the brand your mother or grandmother used to use-- well they've come up with a new line of moisturizers and creams that are both inexpensive and quite effective.  I was truly surprised.  Ther's a terrific exfoliating cleanser called Pond's Fresh Start that you can use everyday, an age defying skin brightening moisturizer with an SPF of 15, mend & defend intensive protection moisturizer also with SPF of 15 and more. If you're on a budget, Pond's is the line for you. For more info call 800-909-9493 or go to www.ponds.com.

Another collection comes from the makers of wet n wild--which I only knew from nail polishes and such. Well the compan now has a skincare line called Fresh Face and it's cheap and fabulous. They claim high quality formulas at lower than department store prices and equal results. Well I've been using the products for a week and they are great. I love the exfoliating scrub, which is gentle yet does the job; the toner gets any excess dirt off with a nice light touch and moisturizer is rich and creamy and contains a SPF of 15.  You can't beat the prices $5 and less. There's also a complete line for acne sufferers from a scrub to an oil free moisturizer, also with SPF 15.  I love wet n wild's Fresh Fresh which is available at food and drug stores nationwide It may be affordable but the products are truly luxurious. www.wnwbeauty.com

An even bigger surprise are sine abtu-aging products from Nivea--remember Nivea hand cream? Wellnow the cosmetic's giant has Nivea Visage Multiple Results All in One Anti-Aging Treatment with Creatine, a day cream designed to eliminate reduce lines and wrinkles, firm pores and smoothe skin while protecting with an SPF 15.  Nivea's Q10 Advanced Wrinkle Reducer Day Creme targets the same problems with noticeable results in about a month. Both products cost between $11 and $15 and are available everywhere cosmetics are sold. www.niveausa.com

A little pricier but worth it.... P8N8 an“atomic oxygen formula” that does the trick.  The name comes from the eight protons and eight neutrons found in oxygen.  I can attest to the benefits of oxygen since I just had an oxygen facial from Louise Bianco and my face looked 10 years younger instantly. This product line employs a similar premise but you don’t have leave home to get the benefit. Other elements in his product line are Japanese green tea, vitamins A and E, enzymes and peptides, which work in unison with oxygen for added results. If you have blotchy, sun damaged or aging skin this is the line for you. Check out: www.P8N8skincare.com

This makeup made me tingle. It's Glominerals glo sheer tint base which feels and looks like a new skin. I'm talkig complete coverage without looking made up and what's more it's good for your skin. The company makes lpsticks, blush, eye shadow, lip pesscils and other tools of the trade. Products contain antioxidents and  UV protection.  Check it out at www.glominerals.com

I feel like a kid at a cosmetic’s counter. All these nifty products are cropping up. Another super collection is ClearChoice.  I jut tried the Vita C+B complex; Iso Eye Cream and the Elimaderm Serum and the results were phenomenal. This stuff really works as an almost instant rejuvenation. The secret’s in the ingredient: soy, Ginseng, Ginkgo Biloba, green tea, and other exotic elixirs that work together to produce flawless complexions.  They also have a Stretch Mark & Scar Therapy product which I’m sampling as we speak. The company says it takes a couple of weeks to see any benefits.  Will let you know the results.  If you’re an acne sufferer, ClearChoicehas the perfect remedy.  Go to: www.dermastart.com, or call: 866-566-8858 to find a physician or medi-spa near you that carries the products.

Post a Comment